Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ube, Snails, and Puppies

In Baguio, I got to try ube. Ube is basically a big purple sweet potato. I liked it. I peeled the skin off and put peanut butter on some of it. It was very good. There is even ube ice cream.

Ging-Ging, Lyka, and I went on a snail hunt. We caught about 30 snails. Some of them were very small. We made a Special Snail Playground for them. We used moss, rocks, mud, sticks and leaves to line a cardboard box. The snails looked as happy as snails can get.

Ging-Ging has a puppy. It is a brown male. It is a Labrador - Dalmatian mix, it was going to be Lab-Lab but the neighbor’s Dalmatian got out. She asked me “What would you name my puppy?” I said “Mud Puddle or Puddles for short.” She named her puppy like I suggested!!!! I am so happy. We got to play with Puddles and his unnamed siblings. Puddles is a very good puppy. He has blue eyes.

Annalise got her picture in the newspaper! Our landlady gave us a copy. In the picture, Annalise is playing with a young Filipino girl at the Am-Among festival.

Love,
Adriana

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peanut butter on a purple sweet potato????!!!!! AHHHH!!!! Sweet Potato ice cream...... ewwww. Snail Hunt cool I think. Annalise was in the news paper?!!!!?!! KOOLIEOZ!!!!!!!!!! *Hugs & Kisses* Hope to be there soon (if you can call 9 1/2 months soon.)

Love Jordan