Saturday, October 18, 2008

On Top of the Jeepney, On Top of the World

Yesterday we got to go to the Mainit hot springs again. It was fun and we didn't get sunburned as much as last time. The big pool was full. The highlight of the trip for me, however, was on the way back. I got to ride on top of the jeepney with Daddy! I had always wanted to but last year Dad said no. I didn't actually think I could do it because of my fear of heights but I did it!

It has the best view and is the most uncomfortable place to sit. Daddy told me I was to sit in the "cage". But the bars dug into my bottom. I learned that if you take off one flip-flop and put it under your bottom it makes a more comfortable seat.

There was nothing but sky and trees overhead. I could feel the wind in my hair. It was a little chilly, but who cares? It felt like I was on the top of the world.

We passed a few caribous and cows. We saw a mountain that looked like a perfectly symmetrical volcano. Later in our trip, we saw the swimming pool in Bontoc (from above) that we had heard of. The best part was when I was able to see our house from high up on the mountain. It's so nice to be able to point from somewhere and say "That's my home."

We had two encounters with other people: one good and one bad. The first one was bad. As we were going past, an unseen somebody threw mud at us . The second one was good. As we passed another jeepney, they seemed to be talking about us. When we asked one of our fellow passengers what they said, he said they were calling me a doll. We get so many compliments here.

Love,
Adriana

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's me Emily Herdklotz
I am glad that you and your dad got to ride on the top of the jeepney. That sounds like fun. It is really funny how a flip flop can make a good seat. Well talk to you later. *Love Emily*

Anonymous said...

awesome pic... love the flip-flop seat. Hope to be there with you soon so i can ride one with you. Toodles!!!! :)

*Jordan*

P.S. Call you on Skype soon. *HUGS 2 U*