Saturday, July 2, 2011

Three Years...

On Saturday, May 28, 2011, we celebrated three years of living in the Philippines. We also went to Baguio, but that was not my choice, and because nobody likes to hear complaining, I am not going to talk about that. This post is about the three-year anniversary not Baguio as anyone can tell by the title. So anyways, as I am trying to focus, I think it would be a good idea for us to say three things we have learned from living in the Philippines.

I, Adriana, will go first:

1. Being with people is important. Before when I was in the U.S., I did not enjoy being with people because I felt so awkward. I’d rather sit and read a book. The awkwardness hasn’t completely disappeared. I still need alone time and will always love reading, but I now have a desire to spend time with people.

2. Courage. Face up to your fears. Before I came here, I was afraid of change and heights. I have grown more flexible.

3. The world is a big, amazing place with so many people who are not that different from me.

Alexie

1. I learned what a great thing it is to have sisters. When I first moved to the Philippines, I remember crying because I did not have any friends. But now I have 3 good friends that live with me. I know that I will know them for the rest of my life.

2.I have learned the reality of the spiritual realm.

3. I have learned the trouble with having customs that tie in to your beliefs.

Alayna

1. The value of generosity

2. The difference between friendliness and true friendship

3. Crocheting

Annalise

1. That if you eat a lot of candy and don’t brush your teeth, they rot

2. How coconuts and bananas grow

3. What a banana tree looks like

No comments: